Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside

So just like that, it became winter. There was complete blizzard all weekend with 61cm (24" ) of snow and temperatures of -20*C (-4*F). This morning, in a VERY un-Fascinating Girl way, I dug my car out from the piles of snow and carefully carted myself to church, wearing this.

(I really don't like the camera I am using now. Sorry for the horrible pictures.)

Drawing inspiration from the snow itself, I wore my boucle skirt, of which a boy once said it looked like a snowstorm. With the fancy bow on the front of my sweater, it was a pretty cute way to stay warm.

I grazed the book last night to see if Fascinating Girl had any tips for the winter and found this tacit in the "Securing Action" section under the subsection "Create Romantic Situations"

"The atmosphere can be even more suggestive of sentiment if it is winter and the wind is howling outside and sleet is dashing against the window. How cozy and comforting it is for the man and woman, sitting before an open fire with the lights dimmed, to sit and dream. The man may feel he would like this to continue forever. There cannot be obstacles, he feels, when life is as easy and peaceful as this. How easy for him to forget his fears and succumb to his desires."

Oh my Fascinating Girl! If only I knew someone with a fireplace.

I will tell you that maybe things are looking up. I did receive, albeit odd, a hug today from someone I'm convinced couldn't resist my feminine charm.

Keep your fingers crossed.

0 comment(s):