Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It Had To Start Somewhere

I guess if anyone is to blame for me undertaking this experiment, it would have to be my roommate.

One quiet evening my roommate pulled out an old cream coloured book with "The Fascinating Girl" inscribed in gold on the cover. This book belonged to her mother, a 1971 gift from my roommate's grandparents to their daughter.

My roommate randomly opened the book and began reading one of the paragraphs out loud. Before us was a how to book on the secrets of winning men. But as we continued to read we realized how outdated the book appeared to be. What girl ever won a guy by being afraid of a cow or by wearing ribbons in her hair? The more we read from the book, the more we realized that no man would ever fall for these vintage gimmicks.

Funny, nonetheless, we shared our new manual with all of our friends. Each of us decided, in our own small way, to implement one suggestion from the book and see if our dating prospects increased. Just as we expected, nothing happened. Obviously the answers to our problems weren't to be found in The Fascinating Girl.

After much thought and debate we wondered if the strategies provided in The Fascinating Girl had to be preformed en masse. So for the next year, or in reality however long I can stand it, I am planning on becoming the "ideal woman".

To be honest, I'm really not expecting much from this endeavor, a few funny stories and perhaps increased domestic abilities.

So here it is, my journey to becoming a fascinating girl.

0 comment(s):