Sunday, September 13, 2009

Maybe A Little Too Classy

Remember my fantastic, antique mink pin? Well I had a whole gaggle of girls who wanted to touch it. Everyone of them asking, "What is that furry thing?" When I explained that it was an antique fur broach, they all looked at me curiously and quite a number asked if it was made out of a beaver. (I thought I read somewhere that beavers were on the verge of extinction.)

When I explained that it was made out of mink not one of them knew what I was talking about. I guess fur has become that unseen that no one can spot fine fur when they see it, or maybe I'm dealing with the wrong crowd.

In any regards, boys fascinated with my accessories--zero. I guess it is back to the drawing board.

Another somewhat Sunday bust. Some Sundays just seem a little too busy to be overly social, but a fascinating girl would have tried harder. I only wish I had read my horoscope before leaving the house today.

The more you talk to people, the more success you will have, dear Gemini. Everyone around you is a valuable resource, so tap into this boundless well, and have fun. Your agility with words and facts is impressive, so use this to your advantage.

Maybe next week is my week, one can hope.

0 comment(s):