Friday, September 25, 2009

Foiled Again

So the other night I am driving home when a dear friend calls and asks what my plans are for the evening. After explaining that I was planning on taking an evening off from my fascinating ways, she asked if I wouldn't consider joining a local choir.

Now, I sing about as good as the next person, and thus have little to no interest in singing in a choir. After trying to convince my friend that choir just wasn't for me, she said, "A Fascinating Girl would go to choir." (Why did I ever tell my friends about my experiment?)

And with that I joined the choir.

No, nothing overly fascinating happened at choir. It is a little hard to meet a great guy being surrounded by the ladies of the soprano section.

I came home to scour the book to prove to my friend that choir wasn't a Fascinating Girl requirement, when I, sadly, stumbled upon this section under the "Finding Inner Happiness" chapter.

"Working with our hands, creating things of beauty and worth brings inner happiness. We all have this creative power within us. When you create something of real worth or supreme beauty such as art, music or literature, it goes beyond inner happiness to deep soul satisfaction."

Wow! Waxing a little too poetic about choir. But we'll see if "deep soul satisfaction" is achieved.

Just one step closer to becoming a girl worth having.

0 comment(s):