Monday, October 12, 2009

A Charming Contrast

Sorry I am a little late posting my clothing choices for this week.

With all of the excitement of Thanksgiving, I knew that there would be very few people at church, but also the possibilities of visitors, so I needed to continue my fascinating ways.

I recently found a section of The Fascinating Girl that has helped to put my outfit planning anxiousness to a somewhat rest.

"When trying to achieve a charming appearance you don't need to work for perfection. In fact, if you aim too high it could turn out to be a negative. Too much attention to your looks can make you self-centered, and an overly stunning appearance can make you self-conscious and could undermine your feeling of composure."

Here it is my look for this week:


(Sorry, my camera died so I had to use my cell phone to take the pictures this week.)

I know this doesn't look like a very fascinating outfit. And paired with the black tights, I am sure I could have passed as a waitress somewhere. (Fear not, I did double check with The Fascinating Girl, and black and white is an approved colour combination.)

But the most fascinating part of my look was the accessories. A few months ago I found this fantastic necklace and have received so many compliments on it. It provides a huge ego boost every time I wear it.




So, did my fascinating look work? Sort of. There has definitely been a rise in the every one's interest in me. Was it just the black tights? (For some reason the guys loved them. I still don't know why, I just wore them to keep warm.)

Is it just my time to shine, or does Fascinating Girl have all of the answers?

There is still lots of experimenting to undertake, but things are starting to look up.

0 comment(s):