Monday, October 26, 2009

A Shoe-In For Most Feminine

It has been a pretty hectic week for this fascinating girl, and there has been plenty of gadding about. I have seen the very, very, very, very beginnings of interest slowly emerging. I guess I should be happy with what I get. I did get voted "Most Lovable" during a entertaining party game last week.

Although, I have also noted a flurry of activity surrounding a few self proclaimed, 'anti-girls'. Those, 'one of the guys, loves action movies, fast cars and video games' girls. I have wondered how a fascinating 'I love ruffles' girl is suppose to win the hearts of men, if they are just looking for a video game partner. Should I abandon my feminine methods and become more like one of the guys?

But to be honest, I have always kinda been a Fascinating Girl. I found this section of Fascinating Girl the first time I opened the book, and something about it felt familiar.

"Miss Charming never stays home longer than absolutely necessary. She is always going where she can be seen and noticed. Wherever a group of men can be found and the presence of a woman can in any way be sanctioned, there you will find Miss Charming. She sees to it, whether consciously or unconsciously, that in any crowd of women she stands out as one of the most feminine.

While other women are discussing sports or personalities, she is making a last minute check on her appearance, fixing a stray hair, eyeing herself in the mirror. She never forgets that she is a woman, and that men are around who might notice her. She is ever on the alert for their interested glances."


So let's take a look at what I wore on Sunday.

It turned out to be a winning combination with the most feminine of colours and of course, ruffles.

And this week, I opted for an accessory free week, drawing all attention to these shoes.

They border on obnoxiously tall, but still make more than an impact when I wear them. I got more than one compliment (all from guys) on my shoes.

So while it is not getting much better, for now, at least it isn't getting much worse.

Remembering that somewhere deep down, I really am Miss Charming.

1 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about becoming one of the guys! It's not all it's cracked up to be. Even though you do get to become his video game partner, that is all you will ever be! Guys don't date girls that are 'one of the guys'.