Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bettering Society

Hi Everyone

Sorry this is a little late in getting out. How about we take a look at what I wore to church today?

And with these thrift store finds, the outfit was award winning.

As usual I looked good, but no comments, well, other than from girls, came my way. Oh well. I can't expect everyone to fall over me every week.

Last week was a bit of an odd one. I had plenty of service opportunities thrust upon me. Fascinating Girl suggests looking for ways to serve others everywhere you go. "When you share the burdens of society to help make the world a better place, you gain compensating happiness."

Most of the service I rendered was with a happy heart, but I must admit that there were some moments when I thought about my own discomfort, boredom or even missed flirting opportunities. There was even a brief moment when I wondered how helping girls was going to further my Fascinating experiment.

Fascinating Girl warns against this selfishness: "Whereas selfishness is tolerable in little children it becomes unbearable in a mature adult. Young women should take care lest they retain this childish fault. They are inclined to think too much about their own clothes, comforts and social success, with little regard for the feelings and needs of others. Selfishness is wrong, a weakness in character and an indication of a narrow concern."

So after reading this, I decided to change my attitude. There are, and were, still plenty of opportunities to gain 'social success', and after all, wouldn't I want my own Fascinating Boy to be full of compassion and charity for others?

There is more to being a Fascinating Girl than just being pretty.

0 comment(s):