Thursday, November 19, 2009

Grab Your Guy And Go

If there is ever a time in YSA that is the bane of my existence, it is nothing more than Preference. This girl ask guy formal dance has been nothing but trouble for me since I have known about it.

If I'm not asking the secretly engaged guy, it's the guy who insists all night that we are just friends (I got it the first time you said it!) or I'm making fantastic cheesecake for my date, who won't even eat it. Preference has brought nothing back bad luck.

I thought I had escaped all this when a few years ago I decided to retire. There was a ceremony, I gave a speech, but alas, I have been called out of retirement a few times now for another kick at the cat.

So with breath held and fingers crossed, here we go again.

Let's see what Fascinating Girl has to say about formal dances, shall we?

"Although a formal dance is your least opportunity to show your feminine nature, it is your greatest opportunity to display the ultimate in feminine dress and appearance. Make the most of the situation by creating a dress that gives this impression. Naturally the dress must be soft, delicate and feminine in order to convey the impression that these are qualities of the wearer. This, along with a feminine manner of voice, walk and hands will give you a good opportunity to win the notice of men present, even if you do not have a chance to act the part of a beauty in distress."

So let's check out the dress that I am wearing tomorrow night.

BLAMO! Talk about soft, delicate and feminine! I'm practising my feminine voice, walk and hands (Whatever that means.) in hopes of this being the best Preference ever.

Keep your fingers crossed.

0 comment(s):