Saturday, November 14, 2009

Refinement and Good Social Breeding

Oh my! I have spent the whole week traipsing here and there, turning myself into a complete social butterfly as only a real Fascinating Girl would. And you know what, it might actually be paying off.

Let's talk about some specifics.

The other night I got invited to a dinner party of sorts. And just as the Fascinating Girl suggests, I made sure that I, "never arrive at a dinner appointment early as this may be a problem for the hostess. It could be inconsiderate." In actuality, I could have arrived an hour late, and still been just in time. But nevertheless, it is always nice to have someone else cook for you.

As a seasoned YSA vet, I have been able to witness many tactics to win over men, and may have, in the past, even used them myself. But in my old age, I am beginning to realize the importance of sticking to ones morals. And you know what, Fascinating Girl agrees!

"A man can be very impressed by a woman who holds fast to a principle she believes in, or a standard she has set out for herself."

So while this is all stuff that we learned in Young Women's, it still applies to us today. I checked and Fascinating Girl thinks the same way. "Never rub a man's back in public or stroke his hair. Such actions in public are very unrefined."

Onwards.

Here's what I am wearing tomorrow. It's fascinating enough for this week.


More to come in the next couple of days. Including tales of Preference. Be excited.

1 comment(s):

Jenny said...

I wish you would have arrived like Dwight and Michael to the dinner party...an hour early with some Potato salad in tow.

"...sun beating down on the mayonnaise"